After an automobile accident, it’s critical to contact the car accident attorneys that Houston residents have trusted for years–the The Law Offices of John R. Bartos & J. Bernard Schultz. Car accidents are all-too-common circumstance in the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area.
Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been serioulsy injured in car accident or even an 18-Wheeler accident you have come to the right place. The Law Offices of John R. Bartos & J. Bernard Schultz specialize in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, drunk drivers or even truck collisions we offer a free consultation about your accident.
Car Accident Statistics in Houston
Houston has the highest population of any city in Texas, and has the biggest number of auto accidents. There were 13,616 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2015 with 17,011 people sustaining a serious injury, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. If you have been involved in a car accident, contact The Law Offices of John R. Bartos & J. Bernard Schultz, the car accident attorneys who will review your case and offer help.
Here’s additional facts from the most recent study on Texas Motor Vehicle Crashes in 2015:
• The annual vehicle miles traveled in Texas during 2015 reached 246.633 billion, an increase of 1.5 percent over the 242.989 billion traveled in 2014.
• Single vehicle, run-off the road crashes resulted in 1,255 deaths in 2015. This was 35.54 % of all motor vehicle traffic deaths in 2015.
• In 2015 there were 807 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
• There were 581 people killed in head-on crashes in 2015.
• There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2015.
• There were four crashes that resulted in six or more fatalities in 2015.
• Based on reportable crashes in 2015: one person was killed every 2 hours 29 minutes, 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 8 seconds and one reportable crash occurred every 61 seconds.
• Of all persons killed in vehicles where restraint usage was applicable and usage was known in 2015, 40.3 percent were reported as not restrained when the fatal crash occurred.
• 246,335 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015.
• There were 459 motorcyclists—operators and passengers—killed in 2015.
• 52 percent of motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
• Pedestrian fatalities totaled 550 in 2015. This is a 12.7% increase from 2014.
• Pedal cyclist fatalities totaled 51 in 2015. This is a 2% increase from 2014.
• In 2015, there were 960 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 27% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
• During 2015, more D.U.I. crashes were reported in the hour between 2 and 2:59 a.m. than any other hour of the day. Also, more of these crashes occurred on Saturday than any other day of the week.
• In 2015, there were 476 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving. This is a one-percent decrease from 2014
Call Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
Contact the car accident attorneys that Houston residents have relied upon for years—The Law Offices of John R. Bartos & J. Bernard Schultz. Don’t wait let a Houston car accident lawyer examine your potential case. We offer a free consultation.
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented on this website should not be construed to be either formal legal advice or the formation of a Houston lawyer/client relationship.